Would you know what to do in a cardiac, breathing or first aid emergency?
Those answers could help you save a life!
Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED/First Aid
The right answer could help you save a life. With an emphasis on hands-on learning, our American Red Cross Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED/First Aid course teaches you the skills to save a life. All course options align with OSHA's Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs. A digital certificate is issued upon successful course completion with anytime, anywhere access to certificate and training history. Free online refreshers are available with all course options.
A two-year certification issued to those who successfully complete all practical skills and the written exam (80%).
After enrollment on this YMCA portal, a digital enrollment link will be emailed to each student to complete material at their own pace before the class meets. Students must complete the E-Learning material before attending the in-class skills portion. This course consists of 2.5 hours of E-Learning plus 1.5 hours of hands-on-learning on class day.
YMCA Member: $75
After you submit the form you will receive a message with the link for online Learning with the Red Cross.
You will register with the Red Cross with your email and complete the online portion of the class.
After you have completed the online learning you will come to the YMCA, pay your certification fee at the Front Desk, and then head in to your skill check with the Instructor.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
The YMCA of Southeast Texas is an American Red Cross Authorized Provider. ARC Lifeguard training will teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drownings and injuries.
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Complete the following within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point.
- Tread water for 2 minutes, using legs only.