At the Y, sports and recreational activities will keep you active. Friendly competition with friends in a supportive environment can make team sports and recreation enjoyable while providing you with a healthier lifestyle.
Adult Sports & Recreational Activities
The Y’s sports leagues provide you with the opportunity to be physically active and social by offering a variety of activities throughout the year.
- Ages 18 and up
- $175 / team
- Offered several times a year
Challenge Night, Monday and Tuesday @ 5:00 pm
Men's / Women's Pick Up Basketball
Pick up basketball is offered at various times.
This program is designed for youth/adults ages 7 and up. Participants will learn balance, coordination, memory skills, safety skills, and team work. Benefits of martial arts practice in increased self confidence, improved self esteem, self control and increased physical fitness. Learn self defense tactics that are easy to learn and practical to execute in real life. Shorin Ryu Karate is the main focus of this class. Taekwondo and Ju Jitsu will also be explored.
- Tommy Page - 4th Degree Black Belt Shorin Ryu Karate with 32 years experience
- Albert Smith - 2nd Degree Black Belt Shuri Te Jutsu Karate with 24 years experience
- Classes are complimentary and offered year round
- Class Days/Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:30 - 8:00 pm