The YMCA of Southeast Texas will re-open on May 18, 2020 when Phase Two of the State of Texas’ ongoing plan takes effect.
HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP THE Y SAFE
Please help us prevent the spread of COVID-19 by staying home if you’re feeling sick, keeping kids home if they’re showing any symptoms of illness, and cleaning exercise equipment before and after every use. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We are enhancing our hygiene protocols in several ways to keep our facilities clean and our communities safe:
- We are significantly increasing our cleaning frequency of high-traffic areas and high-touch items, including door handles, exercise equipment, locker rooms, tabletops, and handrails.
- We are increasing our signage and messaging across all channels to continue to build awareness and adherence to CDC general health guidelines.
- Disinfectant sprays are available for wiping down YMCA equipment. Please wipe down your equipment after you complete your workout.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available.
- We are and always have been vigilant in our cleaning practices in program areas. In our child care facilities, staff are increasing the number of times that toys and high use surfaces are sanitized throughout the day.
- Our cleaning personnel utilize antiviral cleaning agents to disinfect our facilities on a daily basis.