Effective March 10, 2021
With Governor Abbot issuing Executive Order (GA-34) lifting all Statewide restrictions in the State of Texas, the YMCA of Southeast Texas will be moving forward with changes in practices within our facilities and programs:
- YMCA Staff will still be required to wear masks at all time for personal safety and for the protection of our members, program participants, and guests.
- The YMCA still RECOMMENDS and ENCOURAGES the wearing of masks by members in all public spaces at all times – it is just a good practice and it shows that you care not only about yourself, but about the people around you as well.
- The YMCA of Southeast Texas will still require masks during “Special Hours” in the facility. We are designating these times for the protection of our more vulnerable members and to provide facilities, programs, and services for our members that want the security of knowing that everyone will be wearing a face covering. Those hours are:
Monday & Wednesday 9:00am-11:00am
Tuesday & Thursday 1:00pm-3:00pm
During these hours, EVERYONE in the YMCA will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Temperature checks will still be required for entry into the facility.
- The wearing of gloves in the workout area will no longer be required, but we ask the users to wipe down their own equipment after each use. While YMCA staff will continue to disinfect the equipment in the weight room, we ask that our members do their part as well.
- School-Age Childcare programs (Afterschool & Day Camp) will still require masks to be worn by all during indoor activities.
- Spectators at YMCA Sports events are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to wear masks at all times. You don’t know who you are sitting next to at a game.
We are opening back up – this is exciting! COVID-19 has not gone away and a resurgence of hospitalizations will send us backwards with restrictions. Please remain diligent in public settings, get vaccinated when you can, and we can head into summer with a return to our pre-COVID society and activities!