The YMCA of Southeast Texas is now open in accordance with the guidelines provided by the OpenTexas Task Force.
HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP THE Y SAFE
Please help us prevent the spread of COVID-19 by staying home if you’re feeling sick, keeping kids home if they’re showing any symptoms of illness, and cleaning exercise equipment before and after every use. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We are enhancing our hygiene protocols in several ways to keep our facilities clean and our communities safe:
Masks are required for entry and must be worn when while yo are moving throughout the facility.
- We temperature check everyone that enters the building – members and staff.
- Increased sanitation of equipment and surfaces.
- We monitor physical distancing in the facility – people not from the same household should stay 6 feet apart.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
- Members must wear glove (fingertip to wrist) while exercising in the weight room.
- Time limits on cardio equipment will be enforced if people are waiting.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members are encouraged to wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wet areas (Steam Room, Sauna, & Hot Tub) are open, but limited to 2 people per feature at a time.
- Basketball gym is open – masks are required to be on everyone in the gym and must be properly warn by all spectators as well.