Youth – ages up to 17 years
Youth Adult – age 18–25 years
Adult – age 26-61 years
Household – up to 2 youth adults/adults/seniors + up to 4 youth
Additional youth adults/adults/seniors – additional $15 each per month
Additional youth – additional $5 each per month
*All must reside at the same address and proof of residency must be provided.
Seniors – age 62 and up
Senior Couple – 2 Seniors ages 62 and up
Membership cards must be scanned at the welcome center desk to access our facilities. The replacement fee for a lost card is $5.
- Membership in the YMCA of Southeast Texas is non-transferable.
- Membership is non-refundable.
- Membership may be frozen for documented medical reasons only. Please contact the Membership Director to place a membership on hold.
- If termination notification is submitted in writing within ten (10) days of the initial join date, the YMCA will refund the initial payment minus a $25 administration fee. A joining fee is required to rejoin the YMCA of Southeast Texas.
- Notification in writing thirty (30) days prior to next billing date is required to terminate a membership. Faxes and
e-mails to the Membership Director are acceptable forms of termination as well as filling out the termination form at the YMCA of Southeast Texas location. You must receive a confirmation e-mail or letter to confirm the termination request was processed.
- Ten (10) day notice require to change a membership. This includes upgrades or downgrades of a membership type and billing changes.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 12 years may not be left unattended in the facility. The weight room is open to anyone age 7 and older. Adult supervision is required for 7-11 year olds and must be within arm reach at all times to use the cardio equipment. All 12-14 year olds must go through orientation to use the weight equipment. No gym bags or backpacks are allowed in the weight room.
- Should any member debt not be honored by the member's credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that debt plus a service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any service fee the member's credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid.
- The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct.
Financial Assistance helps make Y programs open to ALL.
It is the mission of the YMCA to provide service for any person or family who desires to participate in the YMCA, regardless of the ability to pay the standard membership or program fee. Each year, the YMCA raises funds through our Annual Campaign to provide financial assistance to youth and families. Those not able to pay the full program fee may be awarded assistance based on financial need.
To be eligible for financial assistance, applicants must work or reside in the YMCA of Southeast Texas service area and meet household/yearly income requirements. The YMCA believes a strong sense of ownership is developed if the recipient contributes to the cost of their YMCA involvement; therefore, applicants will be asked to pay some portion of the fees. Financial assistance is awarded for a one-year period and is valid for all participating programs.
To apply for financial assistance, please stop by the Welcome Center.
MY Y IS NOW EVERY Y
Simply present your active YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access.
The Reciprocal Membership Program does not supersede active reciprocal agreements. This program is valid for YMCA full facility/full privilege members. Program-only members & 3rd party memberships (Silver Sneakers, Silver & Fit, etc.) may upgrade to a full membership to qualify.
Members visiting other Y’s must present a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID upon their first visit and complete a visiting member waiver or standard membership application form with liability waiver.
Visiting members must adhere to Host Y policies that regulate access and fees to amenities such as Child Watch, Teen Centers and Family Activity Space. YMCAs reserve the right to restrict facility or program access. Other restrictions may apply.
5 Ways To Get The Most Out Of
Your YMCA Membership
Many of us have joined a gym and not taken advantage of the membership we paid for, and we are left feeling frustrated at wasted money and unmet fitness goals. The problem may be that a regular gym doesn't provide all the resources necessary for a family to successfully meet their fitness needs. Instead of joining a gym, joining your local YMCA as a family can help you create a healthier lifestyle. If you are thinking of joining the YMCA or are already a member, here are 5 tips to help you get the most out of your valuable membership.
LEAVE INSECURITY AT THE DOOR - There are no perfect people at the YMCA. It is a safe place where people of all fitness levels, ages and body types can come as they are with the goal of improving their well being. So whether you want to walk on a treadmill alone, lift weights with a trainer or participate in a Zumba class, just be confident in yourself for taking the steps toward getting fit and know that everyone is just trying to take those same steps too.
SET A SCHEDULE AND STICK TO IT - Decide what kind of exercise you get the most out of, pick the days and times that you can commit to be at the YMCA and commit! If you aren't sure what you want to do, try different classes and give the circuit machines a whirl. Be realistic and pick a number of workouts that you know you can fit into your family's schedule. Sticking to a workout schedule will keep you walking into the YMCA every week, assuring that you get the exercise you need and that you are not wasting money on a membership you don't use regularly.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CHILDCARE - Your YMCA family membership includes access to childcare. Wonderful YMCA employees are ready and waiting to play with your kiddos at no extra charge so you can work out. Your kids will have a great time in a safe, enriching environment while you clear your head and exercise.
GET THE WHOLE FAMILY INVOLVED - Your entire family will benefit from the improved lifestyle a YMCA membership offers. Get your partner and kids involved. Encourage your significant other by helping set aside time for both of you to work out. Make exercise a priority in your relationship. When your kids see you get serious about exercise, they will want to get active too. Unlike regular gyms, the YMCA has tons of programs for kids to take advantage of. They can join team sports, go to the YMCA camp or after school program. Making exercise at the YMCA a part of your family life can lead to your family making healthier choices all the time.
HAVE FUN - The YMCA is different from other gyms because it is so family friendly and offers such a nice variety of activities. Working out shouldn't be a chore. If you make it fun, you will find yourself at the YMCA using your membership more and more. Make one of your weekly exercise classes a time you spend with a friend. After a good work out, pick the kids up from the childcare center and take them to play in the pool. If the YMCA is fun for you and your family, you will want to be there!