NOW ENROLLING for the 2022-2023 school year!
Once children reach school age, multiple influences enter their lives. YMCA After School ensures that the time out of school is occupied creatively and constructively. Our child care program provides you the opportunity to work with the peace of mind knowing that your child is being cared for in a safe, nurturing and structured environment.
Activities include homework time, snack time, games, arts & crafts, indoor and/or outdoor play and occasional field trips. The YMCA develops character by teaching and demonstrating values. We use positive adult role models to teach the four basic values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Grades K-5 (child must be at least 5 years old).
- After School care is provided onsite at the elementary school.
- Fees include teacher in-service and early dismissal days.
- This program is fully licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and meets all licensing and safety standards. All staff are well-trained in the care of school age children, background checked, and are First Aid and CPR certified.
The Y is community-based and believes that its programs and services should be available to everyone regardless of age, background, ability or income. The Y offers financial assistance to participants that is designed to fit your individual financial situation. The Y utilizes the two different types of financial assistance available:
Texas Work Force Solutions - Eligible applicants may have their childcare expenses fully covered by the State of Texas. To enroll please follow these steps:
1) To determine eligibility for Worksource funding contact Work Force Solutions at setworks.org or 409-962-1236 to complete the required paperwork.
2) Apply to the YMCA (if qualified a minimal percentage will be given)
3) Provide an acceptance / denial letter to the YMCA.
4) If accepted, YMCA will adjust account for NCI payments and parent co-payments.
5) If denied, YMCA will reassess original application and increase percentage based on need.