At the Y, sports and recreational activities will keep you active. Friendly competition with friends in a supportive environment can make team sports and recreation enjoyable while providing you with a healthier lifestyle.
Adult Sports & Recreational Activities
The Y’s sports leagues provide you with the opportunity to be physically active and social by offering a variety of activities throughout the year.
Current Activities Offered:
- Ages 18 and up
- $175 / team
- Offered several times a year
Challenge Night, Monday and Tuesday @ 5:00 pm
Men’s / Women’s Pick Up Basketball
Pick up basketball is offered at various times.
This program is designed for youth/adults ages 7 and up. Participants will learn balance, coordination, memory skills, safety skills, and team work. Benefits of martial arts practice in increased self confidence, improved self esteem, self control and increased physical fitness. Learn self defense tactics that are easy to learn and practical to execute in real life. Shorin Ryu Karate is the main focus of this class. Taekwondo and Ju Jitsu will also be explored.
- Tommy Page – 4th Degree Black Belt Shorin Ryu Karate with 32 years experience
- Albert Smith – 2nd Degree Black Belt Shuri Te Jutsu Karate with 24 years experience
- Registration is ongoing and offered year round
- Class Days/Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Members – $30 monthly
Non-Members – $50 monthly
Saturday, February 18, 2017
$25 Registration Fee until January 27, 2017; guarantees event shirt
$30 Late Registration Fee January 28, 2017 until race day
1K Kids’ Run/Walk
$15 Registration Fee until January 27, 2017; guarantees event shirt
$20 Late Registration Fee January 28, 2017 until race day
Win, Beat a Time or Simply Cross the Finish Line
Presented by: Mid-County Run Club
Coming again in 2017!
Come join the fun in the Indoor Triathlon a 10 minute swim, 30 minute bike ride and a 20 minute run. The race will start in the pool for 10 minutes. When you are finished with the swim, everyone will have five minutes to dry off, change clothes, and move to the group cycling room to ride a stationary bike for 30 minutes. After the bike ride, you and your fellow racers will move to the treadmills in our health and wellness area to run or walk for 20 minutes. Top 3 males and top 3 females with the most miles will win a medal. Note: miles will be converted to meters.
- Check in begins at 8:00 am. Race begins at 8:15 am.
- Participants must be ages 15 or older.
- Each participant must have a swimsuit and towel.
- Participants must be able to swim. (No floatation devices allowed)
- Closed toe athletic running shoes must be worn during the bike and run portion of the race.
- Members – $15
- Non-Members – $20